Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Soap carving

Yesterday we did soap carving with Mr Kaukau he is Maori. He told us a story about his family and how they had to remember stuff and that they didn't have books. After his story we did soap carving. It was cool because only the year 6 got to do it, but at lunch time Luseta got to make one. I think that was not fair for the other year 5 people. When I was doing my carving mine looked weird, but there was more carving to do so I did it. Then the teachers and staff members had to cut the outside of it. But it still looked weird then Mr Kaukau cut a bit off it and it looked way better. I stuck paua shells on my fish hook. We said our Mihi and he started crying and he said it was tears of joy. At fthe end of the lesson we didn't get to take them home yet because he had to spray varnish on it to make it not soapy. By Tamatea

No comments:

Post a Comment