Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mr Kau Kau comes to bishopdale

On Wednesday Mr Kau Kau came to room 9 to teach us some maori carving and some Maori backround. I walked into the classroom and saw a tall man and a strong vibe coming from his voice. I walked up to him and asked if he remembers my mum from the hospital and he picked up a wight soft blanket and hid it on his face because my mum and him go way back to when my mum was little. He walked up to the front of the classroom and he had his rakau in his right hand and put a pukana face on and started to welcome us. He told us about these 2 guys who went into the forest to hunt for some food because they were hungry. One of the men told the other man to be quiet and the other man said why,why do we have to be quiet? Because I told you to, ohhhhh said the other man they slowly walked into the forest but quietly and one of the men saw two birds and yelled look! Look over there! And all the birds took off and the man said look what you did but enough of the story and back to reality. It took him heaps of time to actually get to what were doing. He told us that we were doing soap carving for the rest of the day. He always did the steps before so we knew what we were doing. I had the most amazing day of my life. But I almost forgot he asked us to do our Mihi we all done our Mihi and he started to cry but they were joy tears. He did his Mihi and then he did a song for the people who died in the chch earthquake and I almost cried because his voice was so special and tender.

Written by Rhiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment